How to Teach Kids About the Environment?
Teaching kids about the environment is not as difficult as you think. You don't have to be an expert in ecology or a scientist. All you have to do is talk with your kids and make them understand the importance of caring for this planet.
There are many things you can do to teach your kids about the environment, and we have put together some simple tips that you can try:
1. Go outside - This is a great way to teach your kids about nature, taking them outside and playing with them. You can even get more creative with this idea by creating a garden or inviting friends over for a picnic.
2. Make a home compost bin- This is another good way of teaching your kids about the environment as well as helping them to reduce waste in their own home.
3. Take trips outdoors together- Whether it's just for an hour on Sunday afternoons or longer trips, being outside together will help your children learn about nature, animals and plants, which is good for their mental health too!
4. Plant trees- Planting trees as well as other plants in your garden will help create a greener environment and reduce waste, which is always good for everyone's health!
5. Make it fun – Use games, puzzles and activities that are easy for kids to do with their families or at school.
6. Get involved – Have your kids help sort recyclables, pick up trash near their homes or schools, and/or volunteer in a local environmental organization (like Habitat for Humanity).
7. Reduce, reuse, recycle- Teach your little ones how to figure out which items are “re-do's” (recyclable) and what’s a “bye-bye” (not recyclable). Avoid single plastic single use item.
8. Don’t forget change - Always offer alternatives to plastic bags or bottles when you go shopping (like reusable totes).
8. Ask questions - Encourage your child to ask questions about the environment and why it matters so much now more than ever before. You can help them learn more by reading books together or discussing movies and TV shows that have environmental themes in them
Here are some some list of fun activities you can do with your kids:
There are many fun activities you can do with your kids about the environment. Here are some tips:
- Take a trip to the zoo or aquarium and talk about the animals and their natural habitat.
- Recycle product with your kids at home
- Reuse item for craft
- Visit a farm or garden and learn how to care for plants and animals.
- Talk about what trash you pick up on your way home from school each day - can you think of any better place to start?
- Read books about earth
- Compost baby wipes or other product
- Try making a funny video or poem about what being green
- Have a family bike ride or walk through an area where recycling is happening so that you can see how it all works together in one place!
- Make mini greenhouse
Start to teach your baby about our mother earth at early age for our better future generation.